Update on 17 September 2021 Gathering at Hospital Bahagia Ulu Kinta
Full Release: Kuala Lumpur, 18 September – UEM Edgenta Berhad (“UEM Edgenta” or the “Company”) makes reference to the picket held at Hospital Bahagia Ulu Kinta in Tanjung Rambutan, Perak on 17 September 2021 and wishes to address the allegations raised by the National Union of Workers in Hospital Support and Allied Services or Kesatuan Pekerja-Pekerja Swasta Perkhidmatan Sokongan di Hospital Kerajaan Semenanjung Malaysia (“the union”) concerning the purported biasness in the Company’s reward structure.

The Company wishes to reiterate that our rewards structure is premised upon pay-for-performance philosophy. Out of 2,018 housekeepers and cleansing operatives who were confirmed in their services as at 31 December 2020, 86% were awarded increments ranging from RM30 up to a maximum of RM100 which were distributed based on their individual performance matrix. The remaining 14% were excluded from this increment exercise as they failed to meet the minimum performance standards and/or have been subjected to consequent management actions due to disciplinary issues.

We believe in providing a safe, healthy and positive working environment for our employees in line with our F.I.R.S.T values. Our employees represent the brand, culture and image of the Company. As part of our ongoing efforts to enhance employee development, we will be focusing on skillset improvement programmes to assist them in achieving their targets and equip themselves with better skills and knowledge. This in turn, would also enable our employees to perform well in their everyday tasks, subsequently allowing them to be rewarded and recognised.

Any demands to pay employees who are ineligible for increments would not only violate our principles of inculcating a performance driven culture in the Company but would be unjust and discriminatory to the majority of employees who have met their performance deliverables and rewarded accordingly.

Further developments or updates related to this matter will be communicated through our website (www.uemedgenta.com).


Downloads:
© 2021 UEM Edgenta Berhad 196301000166 (5067-M). All Rights Reserved.
Error Message
Contact Us
Vendor Registration
Staff Links
Edgenta Academy
Whistleblowing
Ooops!
Generic Popup